CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 21, 2008

Fall Weddings 2008....

Before i got married, i think i had been to 3 weddings...tops! From what i hear...this is lucky....i hear stories of friends of mine who were at and in dozens of weddings before their big day. I feel very honored to go to weddings now. I go in like a veteran.....been there, done that....let me know if you need some help.....its all gonna be OKAY! Although I have been a bride once....i have YET to be a bridesmaid... always the bride, never a bridesmaid??

Anyway....I am proud to say that I have been blessed to see three of my dearest friends get married in 2008. Here are some highlights..........First...the Go-Ho Wedding..... I am not kidding....Marlene Go married Jordan Ho in September of this year....

Marlene and Jordan had the ultimate Chicago Wedding. Their ceremony was at a chapel in downtown Chicago.....and their reception?....in the Crystal Gardens at Navy Pier....it was absolutely beautiful....

I know that i am a big baby, and i will probably cry at every wedding that i attend...but seriously....it was so emotionally moving, you would have to be a corpse to have not shed a tear. The evening came equipped with great food, great music, moving and tear-jerking words to one another, a traditional Chinese Dragon Dance, and a solo from an Opera trained singer (the bride)that led to the ultimate happy ending....FIREWORKS..............


As if all that wasn't enough... it provided a perfect photo opp for another happy couple.....

Next up....the Williams/Sparks wedding that took place in Birmingham, AL in October. Bronjalin is one of my irreplaceable Atlanta friends. Honestly....i hit the jackpot with my job in Atlanta...i met the most wonderful people anyone could ever know. I love the fact that i was there to share Bronjalin's special day.... Bronj and i have a plethera of stories of all of our late night Atlanta excursions...but what i remember most were the more subtle moments where we would sit around talking, wondering if we would ever slow down long enough to get married....i guess we got our answer!

The very happy couple....

Stu, Myesha, E.O and Curt.....

The Sorensons....

There is nothing better to me than a southern wedding....and that's exactly what i got the day that Bronjalin and Thomas vowed their lives to one another. Any time my Atlanta crew is together, there are always two things for sure...we are going to laugh until our sides hurt....then we are going to wake up in the morning, and laugh as we talk about the evening again!

And last but certinly not least, the Dohman/Jawor Wedding. I met Megan at the first hotel i worked at in Chicago. I knew she was a sweetheart before i even met her, because she called me in my office in Atlanta, before i transferred, to welcome me to the hotel. I knew we were a lot alike when we first met....she is he only other person in the world that has more random things happen to her than me! We were both in relationships with wonderful men and were anxiously waiting for them to prospose....and of course in their own time...they did... Megan's wedding was a great time, there was great food, great music, and lots of old friends to catch up with. But more than that, it was one of those warm, loving, intimate experiences that makes you fall in love all over again.....i have never seen her look so beautiful and happy....and i can't think of anyone who deserves it more....

The beautiful bride......

Addie and I.....

The Sheraton crew....

Me and Tiff.....

All in all, it was a wonderful wedding season. Can't wait for 2009!! Who's next?

2 comments:

lesli said...

you've gotten prettier since i last saw you. i'm kidding=) you do look beautiful in all of those pictures. let me be your date to the next wedding you go to, deal?

Ryan K said...

Hey! I got your comment about you wanting to read the book with me :) I'm no excited! I have heard so many great things about you from Lesli! I can't wait for a girls weekend! I have made it to Chapter 7, the first couple of chapters are slow and then it picks up at 5. Let me know how you like it! AND you look beautiful in all of your pictures. I got married in 07" and I think Lesli said you did also. Have a great sunday and hope to talk to you soon.

Ry