CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 17, 2008

Usher....

When I was thirteen, the only thing i wanted for Christmas were tickets to the Puff Daddy and the Family Concert. This was a big deal in my house. It meant that my best friend Paul and I would be downtown in San Antonio....at a concert with much older people...no adult supervision. I don't know how I convinced my parents, but i did, and i will always remember how excited Paul and i were for weeks before the concert. The list of performers consisted of: Puff Daddy, Mase, 112, Mary J. Blige and Usher. I remember Usher's performance the most because, he sang this really x-rated song, took off his shirt and poured water down his body.....and i have been a fan ever since.....


Fast forward 8 years...i have just started dating Kenneth, and we bond over the fact that we both love Usher's "Confessions"cd. Ken used to belt out all of his songs in the car. I should have known then that i really loved him...because Ken's voice is a mix between a howling dog and a drowning cat. Anyone who can sit through that is truly in love....


So when i heard that Usher was performing at House of Blues, I decided to surprise Kenneth with tickets. When i told him about it, the reaction was pretty lame.... his exact response was....


"Oh....okay.."


Really? This from the man that knows every word to every song from Usher's last album? He explains himself while standing in line to go into the concert.


"I mean Christina....i liked the "Confessions" album....but its not like i'm some big Usher fan. This concert is for girls...."


....and not twenty minutes later......who was singing to the top of their lungs? who's voice could be heard over everyone else??


Needless to say, we enjoyed ourselves thoroughly....here is a little clip i recorded of him performing my favorite Usher song...no shirtless water dance...but entertaining all the same....


2 comments:

lesli said...

that is the funniest thing i have ever read! i was laughing so hard and girl you know I feel you!

miss you two!

CDE said...

LOL! Glad it made you laugh...you can take him off my hands anytime!