CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 24, 2008

Hit Me Baby...for the first time...

I asked my friend Adam the other day, "Adam....is it okay if i start liking Britney Spears?"

I am not a Britney fan....and i never have been. She just rubbed me the wrong way 10 years ago...and it has stuck with me. The truth of it is, she really annoyed me...i had a real problem with the fact that she was a very popular "singer" but can't sing... Clearly the better choice for your teenage pop girl sensation was Christina Aguilera.... I also had a problem with the whole "innocent, virgin" thing...

"My name is Britney, and yes everyone, I am a sweet southern virgin....i know that i am wearing dental floss as clothing...i am completely drenched in sweat...and i am breathing hard and humping a big large pole as hard as i can in my video....this means nothing."

She kept this up for years...even after she moved in with Justin... and probably would have kept it going, but that sweet heartbroken Justin called her ass out on 20/20....

I digress...

The point is, i really started to warm to Britney.....actually around the time everyone else started not liking her any more....the K-Fed years... i mean...i thought he was hot and edgy...i got the appeal... After that was over and she went through the whole crazy, panti-less, re-hab, shave my head, cry about being hounded by the paparazzi after I called to tip them off, lose custody of my kids and then go tanning stage...i really felt bad for her. I don't have a heart of stone.....it is inappropriate to talk about people who really have problems....she was clearly out of her mind...

I think i like her now because she fell FLAT on her face...the images of her being this perfect little ray of sunshine are diminished...and she is a real person to me now....she made mistakes, she got back on her feet, she had two kids and looks FAB, and truth be told....i think i like the music that she makes now... GASP!

I found out over the weekend that she is doing a 90 minute documentary on MTV this Sunday.....and i am proud to say MY DVR WILL NOT MISS IT!!!

Adam answered my question about Britney... and i count him as a credible source, because like me he never got mesmerized by Brit, and loves Christina A. the way i do...he said..."Christina, it is perfectly fine to like her for what she does....she makes fun dance songs, she's a good dancer, and she is pretty...everyone knows that she can't sing."

And that's all the confirmation that i needed...(deep breath)

Here's a little sneak peak of the show..... I can't wait to watch!!




4 comments:

Allie said...

Me, you and Lesli should get a big bottle of wine and wall "watch" this together on 3 way Sunday night. Hot mess............

uh, and email me your address, yo!

CDE said...

LOL!! oh yes...i am totally in!

lesli said...

i'll be in texarkana... wonk wonk on the wine thing, but i will be at jan's, so maybe!

furthermore, christina, I am your britney friend. you should have come to me first for permission. Adam may like Britney, but NO ONE loves Britney or stuck by her side THROUGH IT ALL like me.

i'll think about forgiving you.

haha...xoxo

Ryan K said...

Hey C, I'm excited about this show also :) AND for the TWILIGHT BOOK, I'm almost done, the last part has really got me sucked in. I have an idea for all of us to chat, there are 7 of us and were all almost done except for 1. Email me your EMAIL and we can get started on the TWILIGHT CHAT..my email is rmendell7244@aol.com. CANT WAIT!! :)