CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Museum of Contemporary Art, Chicago


I can dig art....i wouldn't say i know much about it, but i enjoyed Art History in high school! On the first Friday of every month, the Museum of Contemporary Art in Chicago has a "First Friday" happy hour event. My friend and co-worker Gina invited me to go with her, and since MCA was on my list of "things to do before i leave chicago" list, i thought i should definitely go. Additionally, who can really say no to food, drinks and a live DJ in a cool museum??


Here are a few of my favorites from the night....


The sculpture on the right is a seal balancing balls.



This was a display of a miniature city. I thought the layout and the lighting was super cool.

These next few pictures were just a section of an entire room filled with silhouettes. They were drawn by a southern woman, who wanted to convey images of african-american people during the time of the civil war.



I wish i had more pictures to show you, but as i was very forcefully informed, picture taking is avidly prohibited in the Museum of Contemporary Art. However, pictures are allowed in McFadden's....which is where we topped off our very sophisticated evening....



2 comments:

Ryan K said...

Love ART! You look GREAT!

Unknown said...

Hi there! I am a friend of Lesli's and she told me to contact you! My mom, sister, nana and I are taking a girl's trip to Chicago around March 12th and we are going to see our good friend Oprah! We have never been to Chicago and Lesli said you work for a hotel. Give me the dirt! Tell me where to go, where to eat, (my mom has been to Chicago...she's the only one and she said we HAVE to go ot Gino's) so that much I know for sure. If you have the time and the "want to" let's talk and you can give me the low-down!! tiffanymendenhall@gmail.com

Thanks so much and I hope I can meet you! A friend of Lesli's is a friend of mine!! XOXO