CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 15, 2008

It's not nice to throw things....




When i saw this, the first thing that popped in my head was...

"I would have been knocked the hell out."

I mean, could you imagine being in a press conference, standing there, trying to speak as eloquently as possible, then out a the blue a shoe comes flying threw the air directly at your head? President Bush has some of the best reflexes i have ever seen in my life. That shoe would have decked me right between the eyes. I felt really bad for him, he was caught completely off guard. There was no real way to know that some crazy Iraqi journalist was going to attempt something like that. I mean, what was he thinking?? I can't sneak a gun in, so i will just throw a shoe??

Then i thought, how uncivilized is that? You can't just go around throwing things at people because you are mad at them?! Okay....hypocrite!! I did the same thing on Friday!

Let me preface this story by saying that if you have ever driven in downtown Chicago during rush hour, you will appreciate this story, and not judge me too harshly.....I was driving in my car and it was snowing so everyone was driving slow in front of me. A cab driver decided he didn't want to wait, and proceeded to drive in between 2 lanes. When i saw him doing this, i was thinking that it was much too tight of a squeeze for him to get through...i was right... BECAUSE HE HIT MY CAR!! AND THEN KEPT DRIVING!!

I pulled up next to him, rolled down my window and said, " Hey!! You just hit my car!!" His response was, " No i didn't." Well lets just say that this is where the out of body experience began. The next thing i know, a few four letter words came out of my mouth, in very loud tones...he responds with some stupidness, still denying that he hit me...although his side mirror was completely bent in towards his car....MORE EVIDENCE to the fact that he DID INDEED HIT MY CAR....and the next thing i know, he starts to drive off. Of course he doesn't get very far because there was so much traffic, but i was so pissed that he was trying to drive away, after hitting me, and was denying it like it didn't happen. The next thing i know, there is a soda can flying out of my window headed for the back of his car....

I, like the Iraqi journalist....missed.

A few minutes later, after i had calmed down, i was really embarrassed by my actions. If I had not been in a fit of rage, when he drove away and stopped, that would have been my opportunity to write down his tag number, and report him. This would have been a much better punishment, then my failed attempt to break the rear window of his cab...(although that would have been pretty awesome, right??...that is until someone took my tag number down and reported me!) So, this weekend i was reminded of a lesson i learned in kindergarten that is still true today....

It's not nice to throw things....

3 comments:

Ryan K said...

First let me say I'm so sorry that a**** hit your car, and if I were in the car with you, I would have gotten out, opened his door and BAM! He would have had a black eye...well maybe, it sounds brave doesnt it?

I know this has to be a pain for you :( I love your writing style. You made me laugh.

CDE said...

Glad you enjoyed it Ry! yes, he totally deserved a punch in the face!

lesli said...

this made me laugh so much! girl you are so crazy, and that is why i love you so much!