CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 2, 2008

My Night in the ER

I have the best and worst luck of all time. I'm that person who wins a new car, then gets hit while sitting at a stop sign....that's me...full of drama. My friends Sebastian and Jon came to Chicago to visit and I of course wanted to show them around the city, and not just all the touristy spots, but the places that REAL people who live in Chicago go to.

We had a whole day of different restaurants, hopping in cabs and buses to see different parts of the city. Do you ever have that one thing that you love to do, but can't ever find anyone to do it with? Well that thing for me, was live band karaoke at this lovely southern inspired restaurant in my old neighborhood Lincoln Park called Stanley's. They have an awesome brunch on Sunday mornings, and on Sunday nights only, they have live band karaoke and the fellas were TOTALLY on board. So after dinner, we set out for a night of fun....

So make our way to the front, put our song requests on the list and then.......

A glass got knocked off the ledge, shattered, and as i attempted to move away, my foot was sliced open by a shard of glass......

The guy holding my foot is the random drunk doctor that was in Stanley's that night...and holding the flashlight...THE PARAMEDICS!

Here they are trying to get me to stand up so that they can put me in the AMBULANCE!

Why, why, why is it always ME!? Which is exactly what my husband said as i gave him that dreaded 1am phone call, " Hunny.... I am in the emergency room...can you come pick me up?" Good thing, he is a sweetheart, and knew exactly what he was getting himself into when he married me. But i was okay...my friends stayed with me the whole time...and after i received EIGHT STITCHES IN MY FOOT... i could actually laugh about the situation.


And of course the silver lining....thank goodness i got a pedicure a few days before... i couldn't wear closed toed shoes for 3 weeks!

I have officially accepted, that my crazy mishaps...are truly the charm of me. Although they seem completely inconvenient at the time... the best part about it is.....things always turn out okay....P.S. As we all participate in our civic duties on November 4th, please look into your candidate's plan for health care before casting your vote. Right now, having paramedics in an ambulance take you 6 blocks to a hospital to receive 8 stitches and a tetanus shot will cost you $3,500!!

Seriously........Rock the Vote!

2 comments:

lesli said...

this was such a funny story! glad those boys documented it in pictures=) haha

Allie said...

Oh girl, les had told me this story...but seriously! Now that you are OK about it, it really was funny. Sorry bout the $3500, that sucks a big one.