CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Eberhardt's Head to the Polls

SCENE: 5:55 am, Chicago, IL

Ken: There’s a line! I knew we should have gotten here at 5:30, then we could have been in the front of the line.

Christina: That was never going to happen.

Christina: Did you download the ballot to take a look at all the choices?

Ken: Yup.

Christina: No you didn’t.

Ken: Yes I did. I know exactly who I am voting for.

Christina: So other than the presidential candidates, you know who you are voting for?

Ken: Yes.

Christina: Good. Who?

Ken: Well….Dan Seals….

Christina: Riiight…..Dan Seals isn’t on our ballot Ken. We aren’t in his district.

Ken: (laughing)

Christina: Who is taking pictures?

Ken: What?

Christina: That woman over there is taking pictures.

Ken: Wow…

Christina: She didn’t get my permission to take my picture!

Ken: She is just excited.

Christina: Whatever….that’s so rude.

Ken: Are those paper ballots?

Christina: What?

Ken: They are using paper ballots!

Christina: Mmm Hmmm

Ken: That’s CRAZY! I have NEVER used a paper ballot! I voted in Tennessee and it was ELECTRONIC!

Christina: Yes dear, I know. Just another reason why we should leave this ridiculous city and move south…..how long must you keep me hostage here?

Ken: (sighs)

Christina: Ken….Oh my gawd….that woman just got in her car and is driving up with that camera again. She is taking pictures out of her window….is she serious?

Ken: Oh wow….

SCENE: Ken and Christina enter elementary school, get ballots. They are side by side in voting booths. Minutes pass as they fill out their ballots.

Christina: oh no……oh no……Miss? Miss? Can I have another ballot?

Ken: What?

Christina: I messed up on my ballot…..i filled in too many lines….

Ken: (grumbling) Oh my…..what the…..can’t believe you….

Christina: Oh shut up Ken…. I am from Georgia….i don’t use paper ballots!

2 comments:

Allie said...

I loved this. Laughed out loud. Miss you guys :(

lesli said...

this is such a funny story! and one that would only happen to you two! i love you guys!