CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Graduation...


My friend Callie (the biggest animal lover i know) is graduating from Vet School tomorrow. I am so proud and happy for her, because i know how hard she has worked for so many years, to accomplish this goal in her life. I was originally supposed to journey down to Tuskegee University to be there to watch, but opted to come down next weekend for the celebratory graduation beach trip.


Time passes so quickly, because i vividly remember four years ago when she first started. She had just purchased a home in Alabama, i had just finished undergrad, and i had a month before i would move to Atlanta and start my new job. I spent 2 weeks at her house before she began classes, and they were some of the best memories we share today.


What did we do for two weeks? We watched every episode of Sex and the City from start to finish, seasons 1 through 6, talked and laughed, and made fantastic meals...(well we thought they were fantastic at the time..we had roughed it through college on ramen noodles and tuna so baked chicken was a delicacy!).


I knew what was lying ahead for me, paying off those student loans, responsibilities, 60 hour weeks and 401ks, but i embraced every moment there....because even then, i knew i might never have the opportunity again...to be completely unattached to anything, and enjoying life, without anything in particular to do.


Congratulations Dr. Callie Harris! I am sure you will be one of the best vets around!

2 comments:

lesli said...

yay - Congrats Dr. Callie! so happy for you! have fun at the beach missy...

Allie said...

I'm still waiting on those great beach stories and pictures!